Nearly life as normal but we need to stage our return so please read on…
Kia ora koutou
As of midnight tonight we move to CV19 Alert Level 1. This is good news for everyone.
CV19 AL1 is summarised as “There is an extremely low public health risk from the virus at Alert Level 1. With the exception of border controls…Alert Level 1 sees a return to life as we knew it pre-COVID-19. All current restrictions on businesses and services are lifted.”
There is now no requirement for a site-specific H&S Plan for AL1. If students, or visitors, or staff, are sick they should stay at home.
From my observations and feedback so far, people are generally happy with conditions under AL2. We have fewer other seasonal illnesses. Some practices are a bit of a pain and can change quickly, others need some time to process feedback on. So, as of Tuesday 9 June:
- hand sanitiser on entry and exit from rooms becomes optional (sanitiser and soap will still be supplied)
- site contact register will be removed (but visitors still need to sign in using the ipad at the front office)
- no additional cleaning – eg equipment – is required (although we will keep our current cleaning regime up for the rest of this week)
- break times remain the same for this week
- boundary/passes remain the same for this week i.e. all students stay onsite.
During the week, we will look at the feedback provided by our community and decide on boundaries and break time rules from the start of next week. We welcome your feedback. Decisions will be communicated in advance of next week. Whole-school assembly will take place on Wednesday. Planning for the school Ball, sports events etc will resume.