NOTE: The Junior A Girls Basketball team will be competing in the Men’s C Grade against Y9/10 boys, this is due to a lack of teams to create a Women’s B Grade.
We currently DO NOT have enough girls to create another weekly team – if you would like to play please contact the Sports Coordinator ASAP.
- Timing of games will change compared to last year due to the Westland Rec Centre changing their opening hours. Times TBC, all players and families will be emailed these times once confirmed.
- First game A Grade – Friday 1st April. Friendly/warm up game.
- First game B/C Grade – Wednesday 13th April (or the 6th April if the Westside Weekend Event does not go ahead, we will notify teams ASAP). Friendly/warm up game.
- B/C Grade teams do not play during the school holidays, A Grade teams do.
- Finals Saturday 20th August
- Uniforms will be given to players over the next few weeks during the school day. Please keep an eye on your emails for when to collect them.
- ALL players under 19 MUST wear a mouthguard while playing. You can purchase these from The Warehouse, West Coast Sports Depo, or the Pharmacy.
- COST: $95.00 per player – this can be paid off over time, please talk to our office staff to arrange this.
- Each team entered into the competition is required to have TWO named referees.
- You would only referee the grade below you or your own grade if you are confident enough.
- You will be paid for EVERY game you referee by WCBA – payment is made at the end of the season.
- If you are not super experienced with refereeing that is fine, WCBA has multiple people to teach/coach you to improve your refereeing abilities.
- If this sounds like something you would like to do please contact the Sports Coordinator ASAP
Team Trainings for Non-Tournament Teams:
- Due to current covid restrictions we cannot have teams training during the school day in the gym.
- Training days and times will be discuss with players next week – please check the notices when your team is meeting.
- Some trainings may be shared with two teams training at the same time.
- Once covid restrictions are lifted training will resume during lunch breaks for these teams as after school trainings are more difficult to organise with players commitments and transport.