Afternoon event with races for everyone to get involved with, even if you are not a runner!
The Greymouth HS FULL SCHOOL Cross Country is scheduled for Thursday 20th May starting at ANZAC Athletics Track, Kowhai Boardwalk and surrounding areas.
We have races for everyone to get involved with, from our competitive runners through to our casual exercisers – important aspect is EVERYONE has the opportunity to gain important house points regardless of what event you enter. It is expected that all students attend this event.
Any students who are carrying injuries and cannot get involved we would love to have your help at one of the activity stations (Weetbix, Balloon, Netball Shot) – see the map below for these locations.
- U14 Girls and Boys 3km
- U15, U16, U19 Girls and Boys 4.5km
- ALL complete one lap = 1.5km
- ALL finishers are awarded 10 house points
- Additional house points awarded for completing activities (eat dry Weetbix, blow up balloon until it pops, shoot netball goal – one attempt)
- Students arrive to school dressed in house colours (reminder NO wet paint, please come to school painted if you wish. Paint will be confiscated).
- Students attend school P1, P2, P3 and finish P3 at 12pm. Please bring appropriate equipment for these classes.
- Students meet in new gym before walking down to ANZAC Park.
- Competitive Runners start at 12:40pm. Please register for the competitive event to the Sports Coordinator
- Social Runners/Walkers start from 1:10pm.
- BRING: Food and drink for the day, you cannot leave the track to purchase food.
- It is expected that ALL students attend this whole school event (except if you attend trades/gateway). Roles will be taken
West Coast Secondary School Cross Country
- The next event our students can progress to after the GHS Cross Country
- Tuesday 25th May, Kumara Race Course
- Open to any GHS students, must contact the Sports Coordinator to enter event
Canterbury Cross Country
- Thursday 3rd June, QEII Golf Course Christchurch
- Open to students who compete at the WCSS Cross Country, must contact the Sports Coordinator to enter