An opportunity to up-skill on refereeing and gain NCEA credits!
Once again West Coast Rugby are running the fantastic ‘You Make the Call’ Rugby Referee Course – this is a fantastic course that upskills you on refereeing rugby and you GAIN NCEA CREDITS for completing the course!
The course is FREE and we highly recommend you take up this great opportunity!
If this is sounds like something you are interested in please contact the Sports Coordinator to register your interest.
DETAILS ABOUT THE COURSE:
The modules are either
- Rippa Rugby//Rip Rugby – any Grade
- Tackle Rugby – U11 and over
- Each unit standard comes with a credit value.
- Each credit holds a value of 10 notional learning hours
- Each student will be required to complete a running logbook adding up to 100 hours
Students Logbook directed hours can be evidenced as:
- Time on the rulebook and completing homework that will support development of the official
- Officiating in school activities
- Officiating lunchtime activities
- Officiating sport events outside of school time
- Officiating tournaments (both in and outside of school time)
- Fitness training to support officiating a sport event
- Mental skills training to support officiating a sport event
- Observing others officiating and providing or receiving feedback
- Designing and developing strategies that will support officiating in a sport event
The Compulsory Two Day Module:
Venue: Westland High School
April the 8th 9.45am – 2.20pm
April the 9th 9.45am – 2.20pm
- On each day a van will leave Grey High at 9.05am and JP2 at 9.10am.
- The Students will be dropped back at their Schools by 3.00pm on each day.
- Lunches for both days will be supplied.
- Students are requested to bring a pen and notebook.
- Students will be required to bring active gear to wear and their own water bottles.