A space where rangatahi can engage in Te Ao Māori every day, with a culture of high expectations where learners grow from their strengths to become the best versions of themselves.
Our goal is to provide a kaupapa Māori pathway so that our students learn and stand empowered as Māori.
What is our purpose?
Our purpose is to awhi Māori rangatahi in learning Te Reo Māori, Te Ao Māori and Tikanga Māori. We believe in helping our rangatahi grow into rangatira, so they can eventually help others grow themselves.
Why should you join?
If you have a deep passion for Māori studies and to learn more about your culture, history, language and art forms then come and join Ngā Here Kahikatea.
• We have limited spaces for each year level.
• Daily use of Te Reo Māori, Karakia, Waiata and Tikanga Māori. Please note students don’t need a high level of Te Reo Māori to begin with (just a strong interest and positive attitude).
• We will ask for whānau involvement, input and commitment to the kaupapa.
• We aim to have additional adult presence and Te Reo Māori in this class each day through the involvement of whānau and a teacher aide.
How to Enrol
To find out more about the kaupapa Māori pathway or to enrol your child,
• Complete the GHS enrolment and the expression of interest form, then we will contact you.
• Each student will be interviewed, with whānau/parents, to ensure a good ‘fit’ for entry to the pathway.
• If there is more interest than available spaces, selection will be at the discretion of a panel.